A delicious cup of tea and some canapé in the afternoon – we don´t need anything more for being happy. Today we´ve made two different sandwiches. One with eggs, cress and creme fraiche and the other with salmon, cream cheese and dill. And on top of that we´ve created scones with white chocolate and strawberry jam. After 2 minutes the dishes were empty, it was just too heavenly.
All 3 recipes are easy-peasy in the making – come and join us!
Ingredients for 8 white chocolate-scones:
• 75 g Butter
• 250 g flour
• 1 parcel baking powder
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• 100 g white chocolate
• 150 ml milk
• milk to spread the buns
• brown sugar to sprinkle
• baking paper
1. Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Put a baking paper on a baking sheet.
2. Mix together the flour, the baking powder and the butter with your hands. Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough. Cut the chocolate in small pieces and mix it in the dough.
3. Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Form small buns. Brush the tops of the scones with the milk and some brown sugar.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden.
Ingerdients for the two different sandwiches:
• 4 eggs
• 100g Creme fraiche
• 1-2 tsp Worcestershiresauce
• black pepper
• 1 patch cress
• 125 g cream cheese
• 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
• 3 slices pumpernickel or whole grain bread
• 150 g smoked salmon
• 4 slices toast
Preparation for the smoked salmon sandwich:
1. Stir the pepper and cream cheese. Add a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the three slices of bread.
2. Top with a layer of smoked salmon and spread some dill. Place the remaining bread slice on top of the salmon. Again top with a layer of smoked salmon and some dill. Place the last bread slice on top, with the cream cheese side to the bottom
3. Cut into pieces.
Preparation for the cress-egg-sandwich:
1. Hard boil the eggs, rinsing with cold water when they are done.
2. While the eggs are still warm, peel them and mash them with the creme fraiche and some salt. Stir the cress into the egg-mixture. Place the egg mixture onto two slices of toast and top it with the remaining two slices.
3. Remove the crusts and slice the sandwich two times.